Archive for the ‘Social Marketing’ Category
May 2012 became the important moment in Internet business since Facebook, as the pioneer of social media business decided to open this company into public. Facebook is the cyber phenomenon and this is more than just social media site. This is not only the website where people connect each other and share their stories but it is the profitable business that is prove with the fact that Mark Zuckerberg as the founder of Facebook has becomes the young new millionaire through Facebook business. The moment when Facebook became a public company was officially started in May 18th, 2011 although it had to be delayed due to technical problem occurred in NASDAQ exchange.
Perhaps Facebook stock release was started days ago but actually facebook stock price history has been started since February this year. It was February 1st, 2012 by the time Facebook filled for an Initial Public Offering (IPO) where the company tried to raise the fund up to $ 5 billion. From the some documents related to Facebook IPO, Facebook showed the prospect of social media business in the future with 845 active users every month that can be the potential market of Facebook. That IPO was just the beginning of facebook stock price history because it was continued to May 2012 where the stock price was started at 42.10. This value is high enough but it was not like what people expected before.
As the part of facebook stock price history of the first day stock released, the highest price of Facebook stock was 45.00 although it went down to 38.00 and in close session, the price was only 38.18. What can be learned from this condition? Although Facebook is a large company and pioneer in social media business, it can’t guarantee the high stock price due to NASDAQ Index. This company needs more than just reputation but also the creativity to keep its good work in the future.
If you use Facebook as a professional, you should be on networks, not marketing. Here is an overview about the different ways to make a network like a pro on the approach toFacebook.
First, you must recognize that different types of “pages” on Facebook:
Personal profile. ”Friends” This is the default profile is given to you when you register and when you connect to
Business Page: This is what companies can use (and professionals) to promote their brand. People ”, like” Your business side (as opposed to profiles, where people ”friend”you).
- Personal Profile: This is the standard profile that you are given when you first sign up and where you connect with “friends.”
- Business Page: This is what companies (and professionals) can use to promote their brand. People “like” your business page (as opposed to profiles where people “friend” you).
- Community Page:These are for general topics and items of interest. You “like” these pages to connect with them, but a single author does not run them and they do not generate News Feed stories.
- Group Page:These are good for discussions around a particular topic but do not have all the functionality of a Business Page.
Facebook for Business Networking
When it comes to using Facebook to build your business network, you have a couple of options:
- Use your Personal Profile professionally.This is where you can connect as an individual with other individuals but you are using Facebook to communicate professionally. This works best if you either use Facebook completely for business or with a professional mindset, or are very comfortable with your privacy settings and able to divide out friends from business.
- Lock down your Personal Profile to just close friends and family and create a separate Business Page for your company/yourself.This is recommended for business owners and individuals with a public persona, who want to keep the two separate, or those who want some of the features available only to business pages (more below on this).
- Convert your existing Personal Profile into a Business Page. More information about how to do this and what it entails can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=18918. Note, if you are using a personal profile as a company page (i.e., to promote your company brand and not yourself), you MUST do this. This is only an option for someone who does not want to also maintain a personal page.
No matter which of the above you use to network, you need to remember the platform and the audience. The following are tips for those of you who use a personal profile for business networking.
If you are going to mix the professional and personal on Facebook by using your Personal Profile, you should first create “Friend lists” and put all the business contacts into one list. Then go to your privacy settings and block them from seeing things like “photos tagged of you” and other selected Facebook activities that you consider more private (politics, relationships, Farmville). In addition, here are a few tips for using your personal profile to network.
- Remember that a lot of people are on Facebook for fun; so consider this “light” networking like you would do at a kid’s sporting event or dinner out with friends.
- Facebook is a way to stay top of mind, especially for someone in a business that is all about timing and referrals, i.e., a real estate agent or consultant. Pace yourself and try to post daily, or at least a couple of times per week.
- Be informative and not self-promoting. It’s ok to promote a seminar you are teaching if you are inviting your friends and it might be of interest to them. But, make sure posts are written in a way that invites response.
- Set your privacy settings so that no one can see “tagged” photos of you, this way the five photos that appear at the top of your page will default to your profile photos over which you have more control.
If you create a Professional Page for networking, you have more leeway to be all about your business. However, tips 1-3 listed above still apply.
With the introduction to his story to the media should focus on their needs. Please note that you do not take his book, his experience or his profession with an interest in the media – is the story that can be created from these materials. How do you find the story, here are some foolproof tips, tricks and secrets of PR for its use. Be sure to check them and make the first move.
With the introduction to his story to the media should focus on their needs. Please note that you do not take his book, his experience or his profession with an interest in the media – is the story that can be created from these materials. You like history? Here are some foolproof tips, tricks and secrets of PR for its use. Be sure to check them and make the first move. We need the media, in particular in mind. In any case a difficult economic perspective for the liberation of a woman who spent focusing on the angles of interest in humans and vice versa is not a story of beauty for a financial publication (if is a story about the beauty industry). In this sense, the following opinion and arrive at the perfect terrain for you, your product and your company. Read the rest of this entry »