Positioning is what the client believes that the value of their product features and benefits, compared to other competitive solutions will be offered. These beliefs tend to customer satisfaction and the evidence against him, rather than awareness of advertising or promotion.
manage the strategy of positioning products provider focusing on market positioning. Price, promotion, distribution channels and advertising to position all of the strategy to enlarge.
In general, there are six basic strategies for product positioning:
1. Attributes or benefits is the strategy most commonly used positioning. For a light beer, they might not know very well, or less filling. For toothpastes, perhaps the taste of mint or tartar control.
2. are for the use or application for users of Apple computers in a position to design and use graphics more easily than Windows or UNIX. Apple positions of their teams, as the equipment used are based.
3. Facebook users, a network of exclusive use of college students. Facebook is too cool for MySpace and uses a smaller, more difficult for the cohort. Eligible students on campus e-mail ID.
4. competition depending on the type of margarine product or service as an alternative to butter. Margarine is positioned as a cheaper and healthier alternative to butter, while offering the best taste and healthy ingredients.
5. The competitor of BMW and Mercedes often compared to each market segment, only the crème de la crème of the automotive market. Ford and Chevrolet are not required to apply.
6. The diamond prices and quality Tiffany and Costco both sell. Tiffany wants us to believe that their diamonds are of high quality, while Costco said that diamonds diamonds that only a fool would pay the price Tiffany.
Positioning is what the customer thinks and not what the seller wants them to believe. The situation can be taken further measures against the competition. Manage your product positioning is necessary to know the customers and understand your competitors, in general it is not just a market survey, what the contractor thinks it’s true.
Business Marketing Management, serving you develop your business and marketing strategy